Cloud 9 faced off against Counter Logic Gaming in week 2 of the 2017 NA LCS. C9 could be sole first place team if they win this series, however if they lose they will remain tied with TSM and FLY for first at 3-1. CLG fights to even out their 1-2 record.
1-0 C9, The game looked slow in the first half but quickly started picking up pace from mid-late game with numerous fights breaking out that went both ways until C9 came out as the decisive victor. C9 are 1 game away from being the sole first place team unless CLG has something to say about it.
1-1 CLG take down C9 to tie the series. This match was riddled with mistakes from both teams, especially C9. Jensen had mechanical mistakes, Sneaky was caught by Huhi ultimate repeatedly and Impact was over extended giving up kills. CLG played phenomenally finding ways to capitalize mistakes and forcing fights in their favor aggressively. A well deserved victory for CLG.
2-1 C9. Though the match started out slow it started pick up in the mid game with CLG looking strong, controlling Baron and Elder drake, however C9 employed split pushing strategies to prevent CLG from making efficient use of their advantage. As the game progressed fights got even more chaotic. Aphromoo shut down Jensen really well but eventually C9 came out ahead in the very late game team fight and was able to turn that into a win due to the very long death timers.
- NA LCS 2017 Spring split Week 5 nV vs P1
- NA LCS 2017 Spring split Week 5 DIG vs FLY
- NA LCS 2017 Spring split Week 4 DIG vs nV
- NA LCS 2017 Spring split Week 4 FLY vs C9
- NA LCS 2017 Spring split Week 4 CLG vs P1
- NA LCS 2017 Spring split Week 4 FOX vs TSM
- NA LCS 2017 Spring split Week 4 TL vs IMT
- NA LCS 2017 Spring split Week 4 TSM vs NV
- NA LCS 2017 Spring split Week 4 P1 vs FLY
- NA LCS 2017 Spring split Week 4 CLG vs FOX