Echo Fox took on FlyQuest in week 2 of the 2017 NA LCS Spring split. In my post on what to expect from week 2 of the NA LCS, I discuss why this series was of particular interest to me and how FOX individually had some strong talent. Specifically the solo lanes and jungle match up were my area of focus. Well they turned out interesting but when you start watching be ready for a wild card even I wasn’t prepared for.
1-0 FOX! WOW that was something else. The match started off at a fast pace and that continues till FOX won. I was not expecting Camille support. He destroyed FLY at the start of the match and to be honest FLY seemed unprepared for it, which in all honesty who can blame them? They look like they had a plan for top Camille but not support. Gate looked amazing and probably just reshaped solo queue. It wasn’t just gate though, FOX looked even better than they did yesterday, tearing FLY a new one in every team fight until they won.
1-1 FLY tie the series. This match had a lot more early back and forth between the two teams. It felt like every time FLY had a good call or play it was answered by FOX. Unfortunately FOX could not keep playing catch up and FLY was able to take later fights back to back. Moon took over a lot of the big fights, but personally what stood out to me was Lemon ulting over the Baron pit in the last fight. He started the fight while getting % damage off on FOX who were annihilated moments after.
2-1 FOX wins! As a FLY fan it sucks to watch but that was an awesome turn around from FOX.
- NA LCS 2017 Spring split Week 5 nV vs P1
- NA LCS 2017 Spring split Week 5 DIG vs FLY
- NA LCS 2017 Spring split Week 4 DIG vs nV
- NA LCS 2017 Spring split Week 4 FLY vs C9
- NA LCS 2017 Spring split Week 4 CLG vs P1
- NA LCS 2017 Spring split Week 4 FOX vs TSM
- NA LCS 2017 Spring split Week 4 TL vs IMT
- NA LCS 2017 Spring split Week 4 TSM vs NV
- NA LCS 2017 Spring split Week 4 P1 vs FLY
- NA LCS 2017 Spring split Week 4 CLG vs FOX